- Appellate Litigation
- Banking & Financial Services
- Business & Commercial Litigation
- Business & Commercial Transactions
- Class Action Defense & Multi-District Litigation
- Commercial Lending & Finance
- Corporate & Securities
- Corporate Compliance & White Collar Defense
- Disaster Preparedness & Recovery
- Government Relations & Legislative Advocacy
- Insurance Business, Regulatory & Government Relations Practice
- Insurance Coverage and Litigation Practice
- Investment Management Legal Services
- Labor & Employment
- Products Liability
- Tax & Estates
Jones Walker's attorneys address the needs of a broad spectrum of global and domestic insurers. We represent a range of insurance providers and industry entities, including life insurance carriers, insurance agencies and brokerages, health and medical insurance carriers, Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) plans and plan fiduciaries, HMOs and PPOs, disability insurers, property and casualty insurance carriers, title insurance carriers, third-party plan administrators, and industry associations on a variety of legislative and regulatory matters.
We bring together attorneys from all practice areas to work collectively to meet insurance industry clients' needs. In addition to litigation and general advices, we advise clients on matters extending to multiple areas of practice. Jones Walker counsels insurance industry clients on insurance company formation and compliance issues, both in the United States and abroad, with respect to variable life and annuity products, including the sale of offshore insurance products. We routinely assist clients with real estate matters, including issuing and updating title policies, title examinations, site acquisitions, and issuing loan and new owner’s policies. Our attorneys assist insurance industry clients seeking to establish a global presence; we begin with researching foreign laws governing authorization, licensing, marketing practices, agents, and brokers, and fronting arrangements, and eventually assist with the establishment of international brokerages and business units.
Our attorneys belong to numerous trade and professional organizations, including the Life Insurers Conference; the Association of Life Insurance Counsel; the American Bar Association TIPS Life Insurance Law Committee; the Defense Research Institute's Life, Health and Disability Insurance and ERISA Committee; and the International Bar Association. They often serve as speakers for professional, trade, and business seminars, and are published on a regular basis.
- Fischer and Valentine Participate in Mock Trial at American Bar Association Committee Meeting
- Fischer Co-Authors Article in ABA Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Law Journal
- Jones Walker Joins with Miller Hamilton
- Fischer and Rosenquest Co-Author "Cumis" Paper