For This PracticeDe Novo Banking Bank and Bank Holding Company Regulatory, Compliance & Operations Banking & Financial Services Litigation Banking & Financial Services Regulatory & Securities Community Banking Equity & Debt Financing Our Work for Banking & Financial Services Industry Companies
- Craig N. Landrum
- Ronald A. Snider
- John J. Spidi
- Michael D. Waters
- Bankruptcy, Restructuring & Creditors'-Debtors' Rights
- Corporate Compliance & White Collar Defense
- Insurance Coverage and Litigation Practice
- Investment Management Legal Services
For financial institutions, their managers and their owners, the Banking & Financial Services Practice Group of Jones Walker offers the services of a law firm with a strong history and reputation in the financial services industry, whose attorneys have a thorough understanding of both business operations and the regulatory environment. They bring a range of experience in the private sector, and in government, that enables them to advise managers and investors seeking to identify and act upon opportunities that may be presented by the changing complexities of the financial landscape.
US News & World Report has ranked Jones Walker's banking practice as one of the top 50 in the U.S. since 2010, the first year in which that publication ranked U.S. law firms. Chambers USA – America's Leading Lawyers for Business has ranked Jones Walker in the first band for Banking & Finance among firms in Louisiana since 2004, and numerous Jones Walker attorneys are ranked by Chambers USA and Best Lawyers in America. The firm also received rankings in bank merger and acquisition transactions, as awarded by SNL Financial.
Representation & Experience
Jones Walker's Banking & Financial Services Practice Group represents community, regional, and national banks and their holding companies. Its clients also include domestic and foreign commercial banks and bank holding companies; savings associations; private equity, venture capital, debt, and hedge funds; investment banks; thrifts; and other financial institutions and their owners and investors. In addition, the firm's attorneys have represented and advised a wide variety of other regulated financial service businesses, including broker-dealers, investment advisers, trust companies, onshore and offshore insurance and reinsurance companies and producers, managing general agents, pension funds and administrators, and related regulatory agencies.
The firm's experience representing such organizations ranges from providing advice on corporate governance and securities regulation, including debt and equity financing and mergers and acquisitions, as well as taxation matters, employment, and bankruptcy and restructuring. Its attorneys have represented such clients in connection with regulatory investigations and other matters that have arisen before state and federal supervisory agencies, including the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Department of Justice (DOJ), the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), the Federal Reserve, the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) and regulatory agencies in numerous states that oversee activities in banking, securities, insurance, and other financial services industries.
Click here for more information on:
- Waters Authors Article in BoardBriefs Newsletter
- Three Jones Walker Attorneys Named as B-Metro Magazine's "Top Lawyers 2016"
- Gipson Speaks at Mississippi College Law Review Symposium
- Jones Walker and Performance Trust Capital Partners Co-Sponsor Banking Seminar
- Panelist, "Getting Investment Ready"
- "Pre-Deal Planning - Avoiding Common Mistakes That Could Doom Your Merger Transaction"
- "Common Issues Facing Boards of Directors in Today’s Banking Environment"
- Bankers Compliance Task Force Quarterly Meetings
- "Potential Benefits of Your Bank Obtaining CDFI Certification"Alabama Bankers Association BoardBriefs Newsletter, February 12, 2016
Banking Traditions, July 1, 2011