For This PracticeDe Novo Banking Bank and Bank Holding Company Regulatory, Compliance & Operations Banking & Financial Services Litigation Banking & Financial Services Regulatory & Securities Community Banking Equity & Debt Financing Our Work for Banking & Financial Services Industry Companies
- Craig N. Landrum
- Ronald A. Snider
- John J. Spidi
- Michael D. Waters
- Bankruptcy, Restructuring & Creditors'-Debtors' Rights
- Corporate Compliance & White Collar Defense
- Insurance Coverage and Litigation Practice
- Investment Management Legal Services
The Banking & Financial Services Practice Group of Jones Walker offers comprehensive legal and regulatory compliance counsel to financial institutions, their owners, and executives. Our firm has a long history and well-earned reputation in the financial services industry, and our individual attorneys have a thorough, firsthand understanding of emerging business, technology, market, and legislative forces.
US News & World Report has ranked Jones Walker's banking practice as one of the top 50 in the United States since 2010, the first year in which that publication ranked U.S. law firms. Numerous Jones Walker attorneys are listed in Chambers USA – America's Leading Lawyers for Business and The Best Lawyers in America. SNL Financial has repeatedly named the firm among the leading advisors for bank merger and acquisition transactions, as determined by the number of deals handled each year.
Prior to entering private practice, many of our lawyers held senior positions at major financial institutions and in key federal financial supervisory agencies, and a number continue to serve in leadership roles in industry associations. Drawing on this private-sector and government experience, we provide knowledgeable, effective advice to managers, owners, and investors seeking to identify and act upon opportunities that arise in this challenging, complex financial landscape.
We have strong banking and finance teams located in firm offices throughout the southeastern and mid-Atlantic regions of the United States, including Alabama, the District of Columbia, Georgia, Louisiana, and Mississippi. We frequently represent national and regional institutions before U.S. federal banking and financial regulatory agencies in Washington, D.C., and in district offices in Atlanta, Dallas, Richmond, and St. Louis. We also have developed cooperative relationships with state banking regulators across the country.
Representation & Experience
Our clients include the following:
- Bank holding companies and commercial banks
- Broker-dealers and investment advisers
- Investment banks
- Managing general agents
- Onshore and offshore insurance and reinsurance companies and producers
- Pension funds and administrators
- Private equity, venture capital, debt, and hedge funds
- Savings associations
- Special committees of boards of directors
- Thrifts and community banks
- Trust companies
Our counsel is broad ranging and comprehensive. We advise clients on mergers and acquisitions, regulatory issues, shareholder relations, corporate governance and securities regulation, including debt and equity financing, as well as taxation matters, employment, and bankruptcy and restructuring. We regularly represent clients in regulatory investigations, law-enforcement inquiries, and other matters that have arisen before state and federal supervisory agencies. We frequently appear before the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and the Federal Reserve Banks, officials of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Department of Justice (DOJ), and state regulatory agencies that oversee activities in banking, securities, insurance, and other financial services industries.
Click here for more information on:
- Wise Published in Bloomberg BNA
- Waters Authors Article in BoardBriefs Newsletter
- Three Jones Walker Attorneys Named as B-Metro Magazine's "Top Lawyers 2016"
- Gipson Speaks at Mississippi College Law Review Symposium
- Panelist, "Getting Investment Ready"
- "Pre-Deal Planning - Avoiding Common Mistakes That Could Doom Your Merger Transaction"
- "Common Issues Facing Boards of Directors in Today’s Banking Environment"
- Bankers Compliance Task Force Quarterly Meetings
- "Potential Benefits of Your Bank Obtaining CDFI Certification"Alabama Bankers Association BoardBriefs Newsletter, February 12, 2016