- Madeleine Fischer
- Covert J. Geary
- Gary J. Russo
- Admiralty & Maritime
- Business & Commercial Litigation
- Business & Commercial Transactions
- Class Action Defense & Multi-District Litigation
- Corporate & Securities
- Corporate Compliance & White Collar Defense
- Disaster Preparedness & Recovery
- Labor & Employment
- Telecommunications & Utilities
For several decades, Jones Walker has represented clients on a variety of insurance coverage and litigation matters. Our insurance coverage practice has depth and experience in a wide range of contexts.
The firm's insurance coverage team has extensive experience in advising clients on and litigating the interpretation of insurance contracts and the implied rights and obligations that arise from an insurance contract. We are also experienced in writing coverage opinions, writing and responding to reservations of rights letters, and dealing with insurance laws. Our attorneys handle coverage analysis and issues for both insurers and insureds. The firm also has experience in class action and multi-district litigation cases.
Representative activities include:
- Insurance coverage advice and litigation through appeal for full range of coverage issues
- Catastrophic insurance claims and disaster coverage
- Insurance bad faith and unfair trade practices litigation
- Insurance class action defense
- Life, health, and disability insurance litigation
- Insurance and reinsurance arbitration
- Employee Retirement and Income Security Act (ERISA) litigation
- ERISA claims, preemption, and fiduciary issues
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) issues
- Reinsurance and stop-loss policy litigation
- Broker-dealer and securities litigation
- Insurance agent and broker errors and omissions
- Insurance agent and broker misrepresentations
- Duty to defend
- Coverage issues as between multiple layers of coverage
- Rescission of policies and misrepresentations in the application
- One Hundred Twenty-Nine Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2015
- Fifty-Two Jones Walker Attorneys Named Louisiana Super Lawyers
- One Hundred Twenty-Seven Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014
- Jones Walker Attorneys Named to Alabama Super Lawyers 2013
- "Insurer Billing Guidelines"
- "The Use of Experts in Insurance Bad Faith Litigation"
- "Hot Topics in Regulation and Litigation for Life Insurers"
- "Current Insurance Coverage Issues in Chinese Drywall Litigation"
IRMI.com, February 2012
American Bar Association Section of Tort Trial & Insurance Practice, Committee Newsletter, Winter 2012
- "FTC Study Finds That Reverse Payment Settlements Remained at Record Levels for 2011"Christopher D. Cazenave
American Bar Association Health Care and Pharmaceuticals Committee Recent Developments, November 2011