For This PracticeAsset Recovery and Creditors' Rights
Jones Walker regularly represents clients in all transactional and litigation aspects of business reorganizations, bankruptcy, and debtor-creditor matters. In the bankruptcy and workout arena, our attorneys act as advocates and counselors for a broad range of clients, including debtors, trustees, DIP lenders, secured and unsecured creditors, official and ad hoc creditor and bondholder committees, and indenture trustees. Jones Walker attorneys routinely litigate such bankruptcy matters as avoidance actions, adequate protection and cash collateral issues, executory contract assumptions and rejections, confirmations of reorganization plans, and discharge and dischargeability complaints.
Outside of bankruptcy, the firm's transactional attorneys render substantive nonconsolidation and true sale opinions in structured finance transactions. The firm also assists clients in acquiring troubled or bankrupt companies or their key assets. The litigators handle non-bankruptcy traditional creditors' rights matters, such as state and federal court foreclosures of real estate, personal property, intellectual property, and leasehold estates.
Jones Walker's client base in the debtor-creditor area is broad and diverse. Among its clients, Jones Walker counts major and independent oil and gas producers, banks, investment banks and funds, venture capital firms, real estate investment trusts, developers and lenders, landlords, hotels, gaming concerns, grocery chains, construction contractors, hospitals, nursing homes, interstate transportation carriers, vessel constructors, airlines, equipment, vehicle and vessel finance companies and lenders, retail stores, transmission, pipeline and service companies, and officers and directors of troubled companies.
- Forty-eight Jones Walker Attorneys Rank in Chambers USA 2015
- Jones Walker Attorneys Named to 2014 Mid-South Super Lawyers
- Kristina M. Johnson to be Inducted as a Fellow of The American College of Bankruptcy
- One Hundred Twenty-Nine Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2015
- "Best Advice on Managing Client Relations"
- "Recent Developments in Bankruptcy Law"
- Moderator, "Those Who Don’t Know Their Commercial Mortgage Litigation History are Destined to Repeat It"
- Introductory Remarks, "Extraordinary Collection Remedies"
- "The Roles, Responsibilities, and Rights of Creditors in Chapter 11 Cases: An Overview"Inside the Minds: Creditors' Rights in Chapter 11 Cases, Aspatore Books, 2016
- "Key Points When Representing Creditors in Chapter 11 Cases"Kristina M. Johnson
Aspatore Law Books, 2015
- "The Supreme Court's Decision in Stern v. Marshall: Its Effect on Bankruptcy Administration and Possible Responses"