For This PracticeAffordable Housing Green Building & Sustainable Development Real Estate: Representative Matters
Ranked as leading lawyers by Chambers USA © (2013), Jones Walker real estate attorneys advise clients on matters ranging from simple acquisitions and sale transactions to structuring all aspects of large-scale developments and financings.
We represent regional and national clients in a wide array of real estate development projects throughout the country, including mixed-use developments, industrial projects, and public projects. Property owners, developers, investors, and lenders rely on Jones Walker for all aspects of real estate matters, including acquisition; development; planning; management; zoning; licensing; all types of permitting, including Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality (LDEQ), U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers; disposition; financing, securitization; sale-leasebacks; leasing on behalf of landlords and major tenants; construction contracting; and the acquisition and disposition of distressed properties.
Jones Walker's real estate attorneys are also versed in matters of oil and gas law and routinely work with oil and gas companies and pipeline companies in connection with the relocation of facilities and the release of surface rights.
Jones Walker's real estate clients include property owners; local, regional, and national developers; government entities; domestic and foreign investors and lenders; syndicators; pension funds; tax-exempt organizations; underwriters; broker-dealers; municipalities; real estate investment trusts; mortgage bankers; life insurance companies; major financial institutions and other lenders; landlords and tenants; design professionals; and consultants in all facets of commercial real estate and land use matters.
- Jones Walker Attorneys Named to 2014 Mid-South Super Lawyers
- King Named a Leading Business Woman
- Lazio Publishes Article in The Mortgage Observer
- Lazio Quoted in Affordable Housing Finance Article
- "A View from the Hill - How Washington is Impacting our Industry", Keynote Speaker, Western Mortgagee Advisory Council San Francisco Conference, April 24-25, 2014
- Keynote Speaker, "Novogradic Tax Credit Housing Finance Conference", Las Vegas, Nevada, December 5-6, 2013
- Panelist, "Legislative Update - Valencia III-VI", National Leased Housing Association 2014 Mid Year Meeting, Indian Wells, California, January 29-31, 2014
- Panelist, "Looking to the Future: What's in Store for Affordable Housing in 2014", Novogradic Tax Credit Developers Conference, Miami, Florida, January 9-10, 2014
- "MMA's Challenge to EPA's Regulation of GHGs to be Heard by the U.S. Supreme Court"Mississippi Manufacturers Association Newsletter, January 2014
- "Is the EPA making Backdoor Deals Using Sue and Settle Tactics?"Emerging Trends, Mississippi Poultry Association Newsletter, August 2013
- "Numeric Nutrient Criteria Standards Part I and Part II"Emerging Trends, Mississippi Poultry Association Newsletter, 2012
- "The Fifth Circuit Curtails EPA's Authority to Require Permits Under the Clean Water Act"Emerging Trends, Mississippi Poultry Association Newsletter, June 2011