For This PracticeAffordable Housing Green Building & Sustainable Development Real Estate: Representative Matters
Ranked as leading lawyers by Chambers USA © (2013), Jones Walker real estate attorneys advise clients on matters ranging from simple acquisitions and sale transactions to structuring all aspects of large-scale developments and financings.
We represent regional and national clients in a wide array of real estate development projects throughout the country, including mixed-use developments, industrial projects, and public projects. Property owners, developers, investors, and lenders rely on Jones Walker for all aspects of real estate matters, including acquisition; development; planning; management; zoning; licensing; all types of permitting, including Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality (LDEQ), U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers; disposition; financing, securitization; sale-leasebacks; leasing on behalf of landlords and major tenants; construction contracting; and the acquisition and disposition of distressed properties.
Jones Walker's real estate attorneys are also versed in matters of oil and gas law and routinely work with oil and gas companies and pipeline companies in connection with the relocation of facilities and the release of surface rights.
Jones Walker's real estate clients include property owners; local, regional, and national developers; government entities; domestic and foreign investors and lenders; syndicators; pension funds; tax-exempt organizations; underwriters; broker-dealers; municipalities; real estate investment trusts; mortgage bankers; life insurance companies; major financial institutions and other lenders; landlords and tenants; design professionals; and consultants in all facets of commercial real estate and land use matters.
- Fifty-Two Jones Walker Attorneys Named Louisiana Super Lawyers
- Jones Walker Expands Affordable Housing Practice with Addition of Toni Jackson
- Jones Walker Re-elects Board Members, Names 13 New Partners
- Jones Walker Attorneys Speak at LCPA Oil and Gas Industry Workshop
- Keynote Speaker, "Novogradic Tax Credit Housing Finance Conference", Las Vegas, Nevada, December 5-6, 2013
- Panelist, "Legislative Update - Valencia III-VI", National Leased Housing Association 2014 Mid Year Meeting, Indian Wells, California, January 29-31, 2014
- Panelist, "Looking to the Future: What's in Store for Affordable Housing in 2014", Novogradic Tax Credit Developers Conference, Miami, Florida, January 9-10, 2014
- "Environmental Issues in Energy Mergers & Acquisitions"
- "MMA's Challenge to EPA's Regulation of GHGs to be Heard by the U.S. Supreme Court"Mississippi Manufacturers Association Newsletter, January 2014
- "Is the EPA making Backdoor Deals Using Sue and Settle Tactics?"Emerging Trends, Mississippi Poultry Association Newsletter, August 2013
- "Numeric Nutrient Criteria Standards Part I and Part II"Emerging Trends, Mississippi Poultry Association Newsletter, 2012
- "The Fifth Circuit Curtails EPA's Authority to Require Permits Under the Clean Water Act"Emerging Trends, Mississippi Poultry Association Newsletter, June 2011