Jones Walker's Telecommunications & Utilities practice offers extensive experience representing clients before the Louisiana Public Service Commission (LPSC), the Mississippi Public Service Commission (UPSC) and other regulatory bodies. We handle utility rate cases, cost of service investigations, prudence investigations, complaint proceedings, rule making proceedings, and various other regulatory proceedings affecting telecommunications, electric, and water and sewerage companies. Our attorneys also represent telecommunications companies, electric companies, and public utilities in commercial and quasi-regulatory litigation, including litigation arising under the Telecommunications Act of 1996. We regularly advise and represent clients on matters affecting franchises from local governments and with right-of-way issues. Our attorneys closely monitor the changes and restructuring of the telecommunications industry and the investigation into the possibility of retail competition in the electric industry. We advise clients considering the construction and operation of cogeneration facilities and non-utility generation facilities in Louisiana.
- One Hundred Twenty-Seven Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014
- One Hundred Twenty-Four Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013
- Jones Walker Rates Among Top Law Firms in U.S. News & World Report Rankings
- Percy Inducted Into the Litigation Counsel of America
- Moderator for "Legal Issues Stemming from the Impending Shortage of Wireless Spectrum"