For This PracticeEnvironmental: Criminal Defense Environmental: Enforcement Environmental: Litigation Environmental: Regulatory Environmental: Transactional
From asbestos claims to zoning matters, our Environmental & Toxic Tort Practice Group understands that interrupted operations are costly. Our approach is simple—to find a solution so our clients can get back to work. When faced with a difficult lawsuit, a troubling compliance issue, an enforcement order or subpoena, or when seeking help with a facility expansion, acquisition, or sale, our approach is to assist clients with their problems in an efficient, effective, and economical manner.
Our clients—whether Fortune 500® companies or small business owners—rely on us for solutions to existing problems, solutions for potential problems, and ways to avoid problems in the first place.
Jones Walker offers a full range of environmental counseling and litigation services, as well as sophisticated and experienced toxic tort defense. To serve your needs, Jones Walker has assembled a highly experienced team of attorneys with a broad spectrum of experience who can handle any issue involving the environment that your business may face. Members of the group have backgrounds in engineering, environmental management systems, architecture, urban and regional planning, and industrial management, and have served as federal prosecutors, agency regulators, military officers, in-house counsel, and law professors. Our diverse depth of talent and experience allows us to help clients find cost-effective solutions when facing complex and potentially costly environmental and toxic exposure matters.
For many years, we have successfully defended property owners, employers, refineries, waste disposal facilities, railroads, and other businesses and their employees against a wide variety of claims.
- One Hundred Twenty-Nine Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2015
- Millan Publishes Article for Tulane Environmental Law Journal
- Jones Walker Mobile, Alabama Office Relocates
- One Hundred Twenty-Seven Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014
- "Federal Environmental Enforcement Issues"
- "The Use of Experts in Insurance Bad Faith Litigation"
- "Pleading the Fifth Amendment in Civil Litigation"
- "Federal Tax Crimes"
- "Council on Environmental Quality Issues National Environmental Policy Act Guidance Primarily on Climate Change"Sarah S. Brehm and Stanley A. Millan
Jones Walker Environmental & Toxic Torts E*Lert, March 2, 2010
Jones Walker Environmental & Toxic Torts E*Lert, January 4, 2010
Jones Walker Environmental & Toxic Torts E*Lert, December 22, 2009