For This PracticeAntitrust & Trade Regulation: Representative Matters
Jones Walker's antitrust attorneys advise clients on the antitrust implications of their proposed competitive strategies, assist clients with the development of compliance and training programs, and represent clients in litigation before federal and state courts and enforcement agencies.
Our antitrust attorneys advise a broad range of clients on the antitrust implications of proposed business transactions and strategies, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances, marketing and pricing policies, information sharing, and licensing. We find practical solutions to the complex issues often presented by antitrust law.
Jones Walker serves as outside antitrust counsel for many large national and international concerns, including:
- Cal Dive International, Inc. (Houston, TX)
- CenturyLink Inc. (Monroe, LA)
- Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, LLC (The Woodlands, TX)
- Coca-Cola Bottling Co. United, Inc. (Birmingham, AL)
- Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. (Phoenix, AZ)
- PHI, Inc. (Lafayette, LA)
- OptiSource LLC (Minneapolis, MN)
- Tidewater, Inc. (New Orleans, LA.)
Compliance & Training
Our antitrust attorneys design compliance and training programs tailored to an individual client's specific needs and culture. Our guidelines and training programs simplify the complexity of antitrust laws for employees so that they understand the bright-line rules for their everyday conduct, as well as help them recognize situations that call for specific attention and guidance.
Civil & Criminal Investigations and Litigation
Our antitrust attorneys are experienced practitioners who represent clients in criminal and civil antitrust investigations and litigation. We guide many clients through federal antitrust reviews of proposed acquisitions and mergers, investigations by state and federal enforcement authorities, and litigation in federal and state courts across the country.
- Cazenave Authors Case Summaries in Recent Developments
- Fifty-Two Jones Walker Attorneys Named Louisiana Super Lawyers
- Jones Walker Attorneys Host Panel on Recent Antitrust Developments in Health Care Industry
- One Hundred Twenty-Seven Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014
- Moderator for "Nuts and Bolts of Privacy and Identity Protection"
- Panel Moderator, "How to Prepare Yourself and Your Expert," New Orleans Bar Association, Bench Bar Conference (2011)
- "Everything You Need to Know About Louisiana's New Advertising Rules"
- "Recent Developments"
- "Auraria Student Housing at the Regency, LLC v. Campus Village Apartments, LLC"American Bar Association Section of Antitrust Law - Exemptions & Immunities Committee Newsletter, January 22, 2013
- "Contracts that Reference Rivals – the Latest Guidance from the DOJ"The Antitrust Counselor, July 17, 2012
- "FTC Study Finds That Reverse Payment Settlements Remained at Record Levels for 2011"Christopher D. Cazenave
American Bar Association Health Care and Pharmaceuticals Committee Recent Developments, November 2011