For This PracticeBanking & Financial Services Bankruptcy & Business Reorganization Construction Environmental FEMA & SBA Assistance Federal Advocacy Government Contracts Insurance & Litigation Labor & Employment Natural Resources Real Estate State/Local Government Assistance Tax
- J. Marshall Page, III
- Edward Dirk Wegmann
- Admiralty & Maritime
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation
- Appellate Litigation
- Bankruptcy, Restructuring & Creditors'-Debtors' Rights
- Business & Commercial Litigation
- Business & Commercial Transactions
- Class Action Defense & Multi-District Litigation
- Commercial Lending & Finance
- Corporate & Securities
- Corporate Compliance & White Collar Defense
- Economic Development
- Environmental & Toxic Torts
- Government Contracts
- Government Relations & Legislative Advocacy
- Intellectual Property
- Labor & Employment
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Products Liability
- Professional Liability
- Project Development & Finance
- Public Finance
- Real Estate: Land Use, Development & Finance
- Tax & Estates
- Telecommunications & Utilities
- Venture Capital & Emerging Companies
In the wake of any large-scale disaster, businesses can rely on Jones Walker for preparedness and recovery assistance and guidance while resuming operations. Jones Walker's Disaster Preparedness & Recovery Client Team offers businesses and individuals assistance in several areas. Our attorneys guide clients through several aspects of planning and recovery, using their experience varied areas of law to address the myriad of issues that businesses face following a disaster.
In 2005, Jones Walker assisted hundreds of businesses and individuals throughout the Gulf South following Hurricanes Katrina, Rita, and Wilma, forming the Disaster Preparedness & Recovery Client Team in response to the needs of our clients. Within one week following Hurricane Katrina, our team of attorneys was up and running, despite the fact that the firm's New Orleans office—our largest office—was inaccessible. Spread across the United States, our attorneys banded together to form a legal think tank to anticipate and identify the issues clients would face in the coming months, especially as they dealt with unprecedented loss and obstacles to recovery. Client communication was our priority, and we distributed recovery-related information using the firm's E*Communications, a series of seminars, and one-on-one meetings, in most instances on a pro bono basis. New Orleans CityBusiness named the Disaster Preparedness & Recovery Client Team one of the Innovators of the Year in 2006 for our post-disaster assistance, and we were the first law firm to ever receive this honor.
Our goal in 2005 was to get clients back in business, and since then, the focus of the Disaster Preparedness & Recovery Client Team has transitioned from addressing clients' immediate needs following a disaster to advising clients on the opportunities available to disaster victims. Years later, we continue to advise clients on the many incentives available to them, including the Gulf Opportunity Zone (GO Zone) Act of 2005 and related legislation. In 2008, the Disaster Preparedness & Recovery Client Team once again assisted clients immediately following natural disasters, such as the widespread flooding in the Midwest, as well as Hurricanes Gustav and Ike.
Given the unpredictability of many natural disasters, the Disaster Preparedness & Recovery Client Team remains poised to assist clients with preparing for and recovery from disaster-related situations in a variety of areas. To keep clients informed, we send clients relevant information on disaster recovery matters through our E*Communications.
- Jones Walker Mobile, Alabama Office Relocates
- Fischer Presents at New Orleans Bar Association Meeting
- Hines Appointed to Executive Committee of New Orleans Recreation Development Foundation
- Jones Walker Relocates Houston Office
- 2012 Louisiana Women's Conference
- "The Use of Experts in Insurance Bad Faith Litigation"
- "Current Insurance Coverage Issues in Chinese Drywall Litigation"
- Women in Leadership Symposium
CGL Reporter, 2009
Jones Walker E*Lert, November 5, 2008
Jones Walker E*Lert, September 24, 2008