Areas of Practice
- Bankruptcy, Restructuring & Creditors'-Debtors' Rights
- Biotechnology & Life Sciences
- Corporate & Securities
- Energy, Environment & Natural Resources
- Investment Management Legal Services
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Venture Capital & Emerging Companies
- A. B. Freeman School of Business, Tulane University, M.B.A., 2007
- Investment Banking Institute of New York, degree in financial statement analysis, valuation methodologies, and financial modeling, 2007
- Northwestern University School of Law, J.D., 1987; Dean's List
- Yale University, B.A. in Economics and Political Science, 1981; Dean's List; Scroll and Key Honor Society; recipient, Rushmore Prize for distinction in scholarship
- Louisiana, 2011
- New York, 1987
Sandy Kaynor joined Jones Walker in 2008, after 5 years as a partner at Ropes & Gray in the firm's Corporate Department. He is a special counsel in Jones Walker's Corporate and Securities Practice Group and practices from the firm's New Orleans office.
Mr. Kaynor primarily represents private equity and other financial investors and their portfolio companies, as well as corporate targets, in investment and M&A transactions involving private equity and other financial firms. He also represents private equity firms in fund formation activities.
More specifically, Mr. Kaynor's transactional practice includes representing buyers, sellers, and management groups in public and private mergers, stock and asset acquisitions, recapitalizations, restructurings, formation and termination of joint ventures and other strategic alliances, going-private transactions, and non-control investments. Target investments for clients have included early and accelerator stage investments as well as leveraged buyouts of more mature companies in a range of industries, including industrial composites, minerals and natural resources, chemicals, insurance and financial services, health care, media, telecommunications, and technology.
Mr. Kaynor has also served as counsel for underwriters, issuers, and selling stockholders in connection with registered and unregistered public offerings of securities.
Prior to practicing law, Mr. Kaynor traded government repurchase agreements and was responsible for other liability management activities at one of the world's leading New York City-based investment banks.
- Friends and Family of Sandy Kaynor to Host Fundraiser
- Investment Management Legal Services Team to Host Quarterly Roundtable Luncheon Series
- The National Law Journal Spotlights Jones Walker; Kaynor, Hines Quoted
- Kaynor Joins Jones Walker’s Corporate and Securities Practice
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association