Areas of Practice
- Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University, J.D., 1986
- University of Utah, B.S., 1982
- Louisiana, 1986
- U.S. Supreme Court
- 5th Cir.
- E.D. La.
- M.D. La.
- W.D. La.
Prior to joining Jones Walker in 2009, Ian Macdonald worked for Longman Russo, where he served as a member of the firm's board of directors for nine years. Mr. Macdonald concentrates his practice in the areas of general litigation, including insurance defense, healthcare, and labor & employment matters. His clients include national insurance companies, national retailers, oil & gas companies and construction companies. During his extensive career, he has tried more than 250 cases, both jury and non-jury, and has successfully argued in front of the Louisiana Supreme Court on numerous occasions. He handles between 10 and 12 jury trials each year, and has extensive Appellate Court experience. In addition, Mr. Macdonald has recently been appointed to office head for the firm's Lafayette office.
- Listed in the 2017 edition of Louisiana Super Lawyers in the area of General Litigation (listed annually since 2014)
- 57 Jones Walker LLP Attorneys in Louisiana Recognized in the 2017 Super Lawyers List
- Jones Walker LLP Attorneys in Louisiana Recognized in the 2016 Super Lawyers List
- Fifty-Two Jones Walker Attorneys Named Louisiana Super Lawyers
- Jones Walker Partner Appointed Chair of United Way of Acadiana Capital Campaign
- Jones Walker Announces New Partners, Office Heads, and Board of Directors Members
- Jones Walker Presents Labor & Employment Seminar in Lafayette
- "The Times They Are A-Changing: Change is What the Obama Administration Promised, and Change is What We've Got" (Lafayette), October 27, 2010
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Lafayette Bar Association (Past Member, Board of Directors)
- Lafayette Young Lawyers Association (Past President)
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Louisiana State Bar Association (Member, Section on Labor and Employment Law)
- Louisiana Society of Hospital Attorneys
- Our Lady of Lourdes Foundation Board (Chairman)
- United Way of Acadiana (Philanthropy Cabinet Chair; Board of Directors; Chair-Elect 2016)