Areas of Practice
- Baylor Law School, J.D., 2006, cum laude; Executive Editor, Baylor Law Review; Moot Court Team
- Texas A&M University, B.B.A. in Finance, 2003, cum laude; Business Honors; Business Fellows Program
- Texas, 2006
- S.D. Tex., 2006
Lara Pringle is a partner in the firm's Business & Commercial Litigation Practice Group and practices from the firm's Houston office. Her practice focuses on the areas of business litigation, class actions, complex and multi-district litigation, products liability, toxic torts and internal investigations.
Ms. Pringle represents clients in a variety of litigation involving commercial disputes, including oil and gas indemnity agreements, breach of contract cases, leasing disputes and maritime personal injury claims. She has represented global companies in Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) investigations, pharmaceutical litigation, wrongful death lawsuits and various Jones Act matters. Ms. Pringle has handled energy condemnation proceedings for pipeline companies. She has represented large oil and gas industry clients in matters involving industrial accidents and environmental contamination claims. She also has jury trial experience prosecuting misdemeanor cases for the City of Houston.
Ms. Pringle is a 2006 graduate of Baylor Law School, where she received her juris doctor degree, cum laude, and served as Executive Editor of the Baylor Law Review and was a member of the Moot Court Team. Ms. Pringle received her Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance, cum laude, from Texas A&M University in 2003. At Texas A&M, she was a member of the Business Fellows Program, open to the top 1 percent of students in the Mays Business School.
Ms. Pringle is active member of the United Way of Greater Houston, and currently serves as Vice Chairman of the Young Leaders Council. Ms. Pringle also serves on the Advisory Board for the Mays Business School at Texas A&M University. She is also an active volunteer and lifetime member of the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo.
- Named a "Rising Star" in the 2016 edition of Texas Super Lawyers in the area of Business Litigation (listed annually since 2012)
- Jones Walker LLP Attorneys in Texas Recognized as 2016 Super Lawyers Rising Stars
- Jones Walker LLP Attorneys in Arizona, Florida, and Texas Recognized in the 2015 Super Lawyers List
- Pringle Quoted in Law360 article on Keystone Pipeline
- Pringle Publishes Article on Keystone Pipeline in North American Oil & Gas Pipeline
- Jones Walker Announces New Board of Directors Members and Partners
- Jones Walker Announces Its “Rising Stars” in Texas Super Lawyers
- "The Final Push for the Keystone XL Pipeline"
North American Oil & Gas Pipelines, January 21, 2015
- "Supreme Court Revisits Denbury Common-Carrier Decision"
Pipeline & Gas Journal, Vol. 239 No. 4, April 2012
- "Texas Court Makes Proving Common-Carrier Status More Difficult"
Pipeline & Gas Journal, Vol. 239 No. 1, January 2012
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Mays Business School, Texas A&M University (Member, Young Leader Advisory Board)
- United Way of Greater Houston (Vice Chairman, Young Leaders Council)