Areas of Practice
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., 1976, cum laude
- Dartmouth College, B.A., 1973, magna cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa
- Mississippi, 1982
- Ohio, 1976
Originally with the firm of Watkins Ludlam, Bob Lazarus joined Jones Walker in 2011 with over 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including an extensive background in obtaining financing, economic incentives and state and local tax relief for multimillion dollar projects. During his career, he has been involved in economic development projects for automobile manufacturers, hospitals, steel mills, coal plants, and many other types of businesses, and has been instrumental in helping Mississippi attract international companies to the state. Mr. Lazarus has served as bond counsel in connection with numerous job-creating projects.
Mr. Lazarus has developed close working relationships with local economic development professionals and local governmental officials, as well as officials of the Mississippi Development Authority, the Mississippi Business Finance Corporation, the Mississippi Department of Revenue, and the Mississippi Attorney General's office.
He is a graduate of Dartmouth College, where he received his bachelor of arts degree, magna cum laude, and Boston University School of Law, where he received his juris doctor degree, cum laude. Mr. Lazarus is the first and only Mississippi attorney to be elected as a Fellow to the American College of Bond Counsel, and he is presently serving on its Board of Directors.
- American College of Bond Counsel (Member, Board of Directors)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2017 (Copyright 2016 by Woodward/White, Inc., Aiken, SC) in the areas of Corporate Law, Economic Development Law, Project Finance Law, and Public Finance Law (listed annually since 2005)
- Named the Best Lawyers'® 2015 Jackson-MS Project Finance Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- Named the Best Lawyers'® 2014 Jackson-MS Public Finance Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- Named "Jackson Best Lawyers'® Project Finance Law Lawyer of the Year" 2013
- Recognized in "Chambers USA – America's Leading Lawyers for Business" in the area of Corporate/Commercial: Municipal Finance (listed annually since 2011) as a "Star Individual" (2011-2015) and as a Senior Statesmen (2016)
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating in Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in the 2011 edition of Mid-South Super Lawyers in the area of Securities & Corporate Finance (listed annually since 2007)
- 123 Jones Walker LLP Attorneys Ranked by The Best Lawyers in America® 2017
- 50 Jones Walker Attorneys Ranked in Chambers USA 2016
- 125 Jones Walker LLP Attorneys Ranked in The Best Lawyers in America© 2016
- Forty-eight Jones Walker Attorneys Rank in Chambers USA 2015
- One Hundred Twenty-Nine Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2015
- Fifty-two Jones Walker Attorneys Rank in Chambers USA 2014
- American Bar Association
- American College of Bond Counsel (Fellow)
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Ohio State Bar
- The Mississippi Bar