Areas of Practice
- Banking & Financial Services
- Banking & Financial Services Regulatory & Securities
- Business & Commercial Transactions
- Corporate & Securities
- Our Work for Banking & Financial Services Industry Companies
- The JOBS Act Resource Page
- The University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., 2011, magna cum laude; Mississippi Cases Editor, Mississippi Law Journal; Moot Court Board
- Mississippi State University, B.A., 2008, cum laude
- Mississippi, 2011
Neal Wise is an associate in the firm’s Banking & Financial Services and Business & Commercial Transactions Practice Groups. His practice focuses on the representation of financial institutions, such as banks and bank holding companies, and on the transactional and general corporate needs of other corporate clients. For his financial institution clients, Mr. Wise handles numerous transactions, including public and private mergers and acquisitions, public and private capital raises, branch acquisitions and dispositions, and general corporate needs. His practice includes matters with the CDFI Fund and other governmental entities, as well as regulatory compliance and application needs that are unique to banks and bank holding companies.
Mr. Wise also represents corporate clients, both public and private, in various transactional matters including corporate acquisitions and divestitures, commercial real estate matters, and general corporate advice.
Mr. Wise serves on the Business Law Section of the Mississippi Bar’s Executive Committee as well as the Board of Directors for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Fund’s Mississippi Chapter. He is a 2011 graduate of The University of Mississippi School of Law, where he received his Juris Doctor degree, magna cum laude. While in law school, Mr. Wise served on the Mississippi Law Journal, as Mississippi Cases Editor, and the Moot Court Board. He is a 2008 graduate of Mississippi State University, where he received his B.B.A in Economics and a B.B.A. in General Business, cum laude.
- Named a "Rising Star" in the 2016 edition of Mid-South Super Lawyers in the area of Banking
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Representation of state-chartered bank and bank holding company in $20+ million acquisition of another bank holding company primarily through common stock issued under newly enacted Regulation A+ offering process.
- Representation of private-equity fund client in its auction-driven acquisition of various entities from publicly-traded, international steel manufacturer.
- Representation of publicly-traded company in its up to $70 million acquisition of privately-held oil and gas services company.
- Representation of nationally-chartered bank in the acquisition and recapitalization of out-of-state banking institution through Part 363 bankruptcy process.
- Representation of two state-chartered banks and bank holding companies in separate merger transactions valued at more than $35 million with in-state banks and bank holding companies.
- Representation of publicly-traded bank holding company client in its merger and registered stock offering on Form S-4 of out-of-state bank holding company.
- Representation of publicly-traded bank and bank holding company client in its approximately $120 million merger with public bank holding company acquirer.
- Representation of publicly-traded bank holding company client in its $150 million subordinated debt offering.
- Representation of publicly-traded bank holding company client in its $20 million shelf registration statement process on Form S-3.
- Representation of publicly-traded bank holding company client in its $20 private placement of convertible preferred stock and subsequent resale and registration of common stock on Form S-3.
- Representation of bank holding company client in its $85 million private placement of common stock with institutional investors.
- Representation of publicly-traded bank and bank holding company in disposition of branch assets and insurance lines of business across the Southeast.
- Representation of bank and bank holding company in acquisition of insurance agency.
- Jones Walker LLP Hosts Third Annual Financial Services Conference
- Jones Walker LLP Attorneys in Alabama and Mississippi Recognized in the 2016 Mid-South Super Lawyers List
- Wise to Speak on Panel at Texas Bankers Association
- Jones Walker LLP Hosts Mississippi Bankruptcy Seminar
- Wise to Serve on Legal Panel at Mississippi Banking and Finance Conference
- Wise Published in the American Banker
- "Debtor-Creditor Issues: Mississippi Style", August 24, 2016
- Bankers Compliance Task Force Quarterly Meetings
- “Community Development Financial Institutions: A Strategic Opportunity?”, October 23, 2013
- "Agricultural Lending Guidelines", January 18, 2012
- "JOBS Act Is Boon to Small Banks, But SEC Can Do More"
American Banker, June 9, 2016
- "BNA Insights: Privately-Held Banks Looking to Get off the M&A Sidelines Shouldn’t Forget Regulation A+"
Bloomberg BNA, May 2016
- "JOBS ACT: House Subcommittee Address Barriers to Capital Markets for Smaller Companies"
Jones Walker Corporate & Securities E*Bulletin, June 2013
- “Basel III Threatens Community Banks"
The Mississippi Business Law Reporter, Spring 2013, Volume 4, Issue 1, April 11, 2013
- "Jumpstart Our Business Startup Act: A New Horizon for Emerging Businesses"
Jones Walker Corporate & Securities E*Bulletin, April 2012
- "JOBS Act Relaxes SEC Registration and Disclosure Requirements and Encourages Entrepreneurs and Small Businesses"
The Mississippi Business Law Reporter, April 2012
- Jackson Young Lawyers Association
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (Board of Directors)
- The Mississippi Bar (Member; Newsletter Editor; Business Law Section Officers and Executive Committee 2013-present)