Areas of Practice
- Cornell University Law School, J.D., 1995, magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; Articles Editor, Cornell Law Review
- Dartmouth College, B.A., 1990, magna cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa
- Texas, 1999
- Washington, 1996
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1999
- 5th Cir., 2007
- E.D. Tex., 1999
- N.D. Tex, 1999
- S.D. Tex., 1999
- W.D. Tex., 1999
Lauren Harrison is a partner in the firm's Business & Commercial Litigation Practice Group and practices from the firm's Houston office. Her practice primarily includes antitrust, general commercial litigation, and intellectual property. She represents clients in the areas of alternative energy development, traditional oil exploration and production, energy infrastructure, chemical and mechanical engineering, software development, entertainment, media distribution, and diverse manufacturing industries.
Ms. Harrison served as a judicial clerk from 1995–1996 to the Honorable Thomas S. Zilly in the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington and from 1996–1997 to the late Honorable Eugene A. Wright in the United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit. She is a 1995 graduate of Cornell University Law School where she was a member of the Order of the Coif and served as Articles Editor for the Cornell Law Review. She received her bachelor of arts degree from Dartmouth College, where she was a member of Phi Beta Kappa and was selected as a Senior Fellow of the Class of 1990.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2015 (Copyright 2014 by Woodward/White, Inc., Aiken, SC) in the area of Litigation - Antitrust (listed annually since 2008)
- Recognized in "Chambers USA - America's Leading Lawyers for Business" in the area of Antitrust (2005–2007)
- Listed in Texas Super Lawyers in the areas of Antitrust and Business Litigation (listed annually since 2009)
- Named a "Texas Rising Star" in Texas Monthly in the area of Business Litigation (2005–2008)
- Won a tortious interference case in East Texas on behalf of a developer of a petcoke gasification facility and successfully defended the victory on appeal.
- Won summary judgment on behalf of an oil and gas exploration and development company in a federal qui tam (whistleblower) lawsuit relating to accounting of oil royalties. The relator waived his right to appeal in exchange for my client not seeking costs against him.
- Won an injunction in favor of a scrap metal dealer requiring its supplier to remediate radioactive contamination on my client’s property.
- Won a permanent injunction with unrestricted geographic scope on behalf of an internet-based business against its former employee to prevent breach of non-competition and confidentiality agreements; successfully defended the judgment on appeal; and had the defendant’s website taken down.
- Won injunctive relief on behalf of an educational company against its former employee to prevent breach of a non-competition agreement and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Won injunctive relief in trade name infringement matter on behalf of developer of properties for hydrocarbon fracturing in Eagle Ford Shale.
- Won a forum selection dispute in a fraud and breach of contract case that went all the way to the Texas Supreme Court and ultimately resulted in extremely favorable settlement for my client.
- Assisted in the successful defense against a Clean Air Act challenge by environmental groups, winning on 98 issues after a two week trial on the merits before an administrative judge. The judgment was upheld in its entirety on appeal.
- Won dismissal of a Texas litigation against a Canadian logistics company based on lack of personal jurisdiction.
- Won dismissal of a New Jersey lawsuit against my Texas-based client based on improper venue.
- Won dismissal of multiple trade name and trade dress disputes in Dallas and Seattle against the owner of a chain of medical spas.
- Counseled a developer of offshore wind power generation facility on its successful defense against a Commerce Clause challenge to regulations supporting the project.
- Successfully enforced railroad easement rights on behalf of my client.
- Obtained a highly favorable settlement on behalf of plaintiff in antitrust, fraud and breach of contract lawsuit against one of the world’s largest semiconductor manufacturers.
- Have designed and overseen multiple Sarbanes-Oxley internal investigations, FCPA internal investigations, and intellectual property audits.
- One Hundred Twenty-Seven Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014
- One Hundred Twenty-Four Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013
- Cortlan H. Maddux and Lauren J. Harrison Join Jones Walker's Houston Office
- Jones Walker Announces New Partners, Office Heads, and Board of Directors Members
- "Antitrust Considerations in Cross-Border Transactions", December 2006
- Featured Speaker, "Commercial Damages", February 2006
- "The Unlucky Thirteenth: An Amendment in Search of a Doctrine"
80 Cornell L. Rev. 372, 1995
- Children at Risk (Member, Board of Directors, 2010 to date)
- Girls Incorporated of Greater Houston (Member, Advisory Board, 2004 to date; Board of Directors 2000–2004)
- State Bar of Texas (Standing Committee, Women in the Profession, 2006 to date)