Areas of Practice
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Business, Master of Business Administration
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette, B.S. Production Management
Von Hatley is the Managing Director of Jones Walker Consulting, LLC. Mr. Hatley works to support clients that are considering expansion, relocation, or consolidation of business operations. He also provides support to economic development entities seeking to stimulate growth.
Mr. Hatley has more than 30 years of experience serving as a manufacturing executive, strategic management consultant, university educator, and economic development director under three separate Louisiana governors.
As a manufacturing executive, Mr. Hatley was responsible for the management of several hundred employees in multiple plant sites, including overseeing international expansion. He was also responsible for more than 700,000 square feet of distribution facilities in New Orleans, serving more than two dozen tenants. During that time, Mr. Hatley taught senior level marketing strategy courses at Southern University New Orleans.
Mr. Hatley was a strategic management consultant working with Global 1000 clients such as General Motors, American Axle, Rolls Royce-Aerospace, Pacific Gas and Electric, and more. During this time, Mr. Hatley oversaw the sales and delivery of more than $40 million in consulting revenue, including improving overall profitability for his clients by over $500 million. He worked throughout the United States and internationally in the Middle East, Canada, South America, Western Europe, and the Pacific Rim.
During his tenure in Louisiana Economic Development, Mr. Hatley had direct responsibility of more than $6 billion in announced investments, which created and retained more than 20,000 manufacturing jobs. In addition, he was responsible for the development and structure of more than $3 billion in overall incentive offers. He served as team lead for projects such as General Motors, Bollinger Shipyards, Union Tank Car, Shaw/Westinghouse, Northrop Grumman, EADS, Nucor, Libbey Glass, Continental Airlines, and others.
In his state capacity he worked with all required federal, state and local/regional agencies/departments such as:
- Economic Development;
- Environmental Quality;
- Natural Resources;
- Fire Marshall;
- the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers;
- Historic Preservation;
- Taxation and Revenue;
- Division of Administration;
- the Governor’s office.
As the state single point of contact liaison for required approvals/permitting. He was also overall project contact monitor for managing the entire grant disbursement process for disbursement and monitoring of claw back provisions.
He also coordinated the interface with:
- financial institutions for project funding;
- transportation and utility providers for site preparation;
- engineering and construction firms for design of industrial parks and facility construction;
- public relations firms, the general public, and special interest groups for community acclimation;
- community and technical colleges and universities to provide a trained workforce.
He is a member of the New Orleans Regional Leadership Institute and was named to the Louisiana Recovery Authority and the Bring Back New Orleans Commission.
- "How Does Economic Development Legislation Affect Your Bottom Line?"
Area Development Online, Fall 2013
- "What's Your Vector?"
Site Selection Magazine, November 2013
- The Louisiana Courthouse Directory