Areas of Practice
- Florida State University, College of Law, J.D., 1994
- Florida State University, B.A., Political Science/Communications, 1991, cum laude, Omicron Delta Kappa
- Florida, 1994
- M.D. Fla.
- N.D. Fla.
Marc Dunbar is a partner in the firm's Government Relations Practice Group. For more than two decades, Mr. Dunbar has served as counsel to a wide range of clients with a particular emphasis in regulated industries. His practice began in regulated utilities and currently includes legal and lobbying representation for a host of diverse regulated industries including motor vehicle dealerships and manufacturers, gambling, tobacco, alcohol, medical professions, and medical cannabis.
Mr. Dunbar is regularly engaged to litigate complex statutory and constitutional matters both at trial and appellate levels with more than two dozen reported appellate cases on behalf of clients in regulated professions. In addition to civil, administrative, and appellate litigation, he has been very active in assisting regulated entities and private equity firms in exploring and evaluating opportunities in regulated industries. Mr. Dunbar is regularly asked to provide assistance in drafting changes to complex rules and statutes affecting regulated professions in Florida and elsewhere.
In addition to his work for regulated industries, Mr. Dunbar is very active in campaigns, having served in paid and volunteer capacities for several local, legislative, and statewide campaigns with a legal practice that also includes practicing before Florida's Ethics and Elections Commissions.
Mr. Dunbar is a member of the Board of Visitors for Florida State University College of Law where he also serves as an adjunct professor.
Following law school, Mr. Dunbar spent time in the public sector where he was recognized for his exceptional legal work by Florida Tax Watch with a Davis Productivity Award, which honors state employees for exemplary service to Florida's taxpayers.
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating in Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in Florida Trend as "Florida Legal Elite" (listed annually since 2013)
- Gubernatorial Appointee, Northwest Florida Water Management District (2015)
- Duncan and Dunbar Present at the International Masters of Gaming Law Masterclass in London
- Jones Walker Gaming Partners are Contributing Authors to International Comparative Legal Guide to: Gambling 2017
- Jones Walker Attorneys Recognized in the 2016 Florida Trend Legal Elite List
- Dunbar to Speak at GiGse Totally Gaming Conference
- Dunbar Presents at ICE Totally Gaming World Regulatory Briefing
- Dunbar Authors a Chapter in The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Gambling
- Panelist, "Daily Fantasy Sports State Regulation Update", April 27, 2016, GiGse Totally Gaming Conference
- "Gambling or Not: Defining the Legal Status of Products at the Intersection of Gambling and Entertainment", February 2, 2016, ICE totally Gambling World Regulatory Briefing
- "Legislative and Policy Update", January 2016, Florida Gaming Congress
- "Sports and Gaming: What's Legal, What's Not", January 2016, Florida Gaming Congress
- "Internet/Mobile/Social Gaming and Virtual Currencies", August 2015, Albany Law School’s 15th Annual Saratoga Institute on Equine, Racing & Gaming Law
- "Regulating Skill-based Games", June 2015, International Association of Gaming Advisors 2015 International Gaming Summit
- Author, Florida Chapter, International Comparative Legal Guide to: Gambling (3rd ed. 2017)
- Author, Florida Chapter, International Comparative Legal Guide to: Gambling (2nd ed. 2016)
- "Florida's Uncertain Legal Landscape for Fantasy Sports: A Closer Look"
Gaming Law Review and Economics, November 2015, 19(9): 644-651. doi:10.1089/glre.2015.1994., 2015
- Author, Florida Chapter, International Comparative Legal Guide to: Gambling (1st ed. 2015)
- "Tackling a Hidden Danger"
iNTERGAMINGLAW Magazine, Issue 2, 2014
- "Does Ruling Spell Doom for Poker as a Skill?"
Ante Up Magazine, October 2014
- "Divergent Views on Advancing Technology Deployment Across Country"
Casino Enterprise Management Magazine, Vol. 11, Issue 10 October 1, 2013
- "Florida: A Market Preparing for the Future"
Casino Enterprise Management, April 2013
- International Association of Gaming Advisors
- International Masters of Gaming Law