Areas of Practice
- Banking & Financial Services
- Business & Commercial Transactions
- Real Estate: Land Use, Development & Finance
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1994
- Dartmouth College, 1990, cum laude
Henry O'Connor is a partner in the firm's Business & Commercial Transactions Practice Group and has more than two decades of leadership experience in the legal, real estate, and financial services industries. Mr. O'Connor advises investors, owners, operators, developers, borrowers, and lenders in the full spectrum of commercial transactions, including purchases, sales, mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, and other financing matters.
Prior to joining Jones Walker, Mr. O'Connor served as President of the Mobile, Alabama market for Trustmark National Bank following its merger with BancTrust Financial Group, Inc. At BancTrust, he served as Executive Vice President - Director of Corporate Strategy and coordinated the merger with Trustmark. Prior to this, he was a Managing Director of IPC Capital Partners, a private investment firm focused on real estate and other alternative asset investments.
Mr. O'Connor began his career in private practice. During this time, he served for nine years as managing member and a name partner of the law firm he co-founded in New Orleans, specializing in commercial real estate acquisition, development and finance. Mr. O’Connor was also a partner in a privately-held developer of select-service hotels in Louisiana.
Mr. O'Connor is deeply involved in the business and civic communities of greater Mobile. He serves currently as a member of the Executive Committee of the United Way of Southwest Alabama and on the board of the Mobile Area Education Foundation. Mr. O'Connor is also a member of the Advisory Boards of Trustmark National Bank – South Alabama Region and Southern Community Capital, respectively, and is member of the regional advisory board of Leadership Alabama. He previously served on the board of directors of the Mobile Area Chamber of Commerce and the Community Foundation of South Alabama.
- Jones Walker LLP Hosts Third Annual Financial Services Conference
- Jones Walker LLP Hosts Second Annual Financial Services Conference
- Jones Walker LLP Names Henry F. O’Connor, III Alabama Office Head
- Henry F. O’Connor, III, Elected as Partner in Jones Walker
- Jones Walker Welcomes Henry F. O’Connor, III
- Alabama Center for Real Estate (Member, Corporate Cabinet)
- Leadership Alabama (Member, Regional Advisory Board)
- Mobile Area Chamber of Commerce (Former Member, Board of Directors)
- Mobile Area Education Foundation (Member, Board of Directors)
- United Way of Southwest Alabama (Member, Executive Committee)