- Florida School of Banking, Florida Bankers Association, 1985-1987
- Florida State University, College of Business, Master of Business Administration, 1986
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Science of Business Administration, 1979
- Not licensed to practice law
Linda Charity serves as a Financial Institutions Policy Advisor in the firm's Tallahassee office. She provides regulatory, licensing, corporate governance, and lobbying support to firm clients and attorneys.
Ms. Charity has more than 30 years of experience in the field of financial institution regulation, including regulation of commercial banks, credit unions, foreign banks, and non-deposit trust companies. She has twice served as Interim Commissioner of the Office of Financial Regulation for the State of Florida, where her responsibilities included directing the licensing, examination, and enforcement activities for financial institutions, securities brokers, dealers and associated persons, mortgage lenders, small loan companies, and money services businesses. Ms. Charity was also responsible for agency legal services, investigative activities, administrative support functions, and legislative and cabinet affairs. She also spent more than 10 years as Director of the Division of Financial Institutions, where she responsible for the regulation of Florida state banks, credit unions, foreign banks, and non-deposit trust companies.
Ms. Charity is deeply involved in the business and civic communities of Tallahassee and has strong professional relationships with state and federal financial institution regulators, industry trade associations, and industry partners.
- Jones Walker LLP Hosts Third Annual Financial Services Conference
- Jones Walker Welcomes Linda B. Charity
- Conference of State Bank Supervisors (Member, International Bank Committee, Curriculum Committee, Automation Committee, and Performance Standards Committee)
- FinCEN Bank Secrecy Act Advisory Group (Representative, 2012-2013)
- National Association of State Credit Union Supervisors (Board of Directors, 2012-2013)