For This IndustryOur Work for Banking & Financial Services Industry Companies Representative Clients
Industry Team Leader(s)
- Ronald A. Snider
- Michael D. Waters
- De Novo Banking
- Asset Recovery and Creditors' Rights
- Bank and Bank Holding Company Regulatory, Compliance & Operations
- Banking & Financial Services
- Banking & Financial Services Litigation
- Business & Commercial Litigation
- Corporate & Securities
- Corporate Compliance & White Collar Defense
- Insurance Coverage and Litigation Practice
- Investment Management Legal Services
In today's rapidly changing financial marketplace, financial services providers and their investors need a law firm that has a strong history and reputation in the industry, that understands business operations and the regulatory environment, and that helps evaluate the opportunities for operators and investors to respond quickly to the new and complex financial landscape. Jones Walker's Banking & Financial Services attorneys have that history, experience, and capacity. "Chambers USA – America's Leading Lawyers for Business" has ranked Jones Walker in the first band for Banking & Finance among firms in Louisiana since 2004.
Jones Walker's Banking & Financial Services attorneys represent local, regional, and national banks; financial services companies; and intermediaries. Our clients include domestic and foreign commercial banks and bank holding companies; insurance holding companies; private equity, venture, debt, and hedge funds; investment banks; and other financial institutions and their investors. We represent financial institutions and their investors in connection with corporate and securities law; boards of directors and special/independent committees on general corporate governance, conflicts of interest, and various regulatory investigations and issues that arise before state and federal supervisory agencies, including the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), FINRA, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), the Federal Reserve, the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), and state insurance and securities regulators.
The group also handles matters relating to debt and equity financing, including securitization; mergers and acquisitions; mutual-to-stock thrift conversions; bank and thrift charter conversions; industry-specific regulatory compliance; fund formation; bankruptcy; distressed debt and workouts; litigation; employee benefits; and taxation.
Jones Walker's Banking & Financial Services attorneys belong to numerous trade and professional organizations. They are often featured as speakers for professional, trade, and business seminars, and are published on a regular basis.
In addition, we represent a wide variety of other highly regulated financial service businesses, including onshore and offshore insurance and reinsurance companies and producers, including insurance agents, third-party administrators, managing general agents, and brokers; investment companies and investment advisers; pension funds and administrators; and related regulatory bodies.
- Jones Walker Serves as Founding Sponsor for Auburn University’s Bank Directors College
- What Financial Industry Employers Can Expect Despite Election Results
- Former Assistant U.S. Attorney Leigh Lichty Pipkin Joins Jones Walker
- Musso and Waters Co-Author Article in Banking Traditions
- "Overdraft Opt-Ins: Protecting Your Bank Under Regulation E"
- North Carolina Banking Institute