For This PracticeContract Negotiation/Drafting Dispute Resolution Government Contracting and Bid Protests Green Building/LEED Project Development Suretyship
From project conception to completion, Jones Walker applies a multidisciplinary approach to the delivery of comprehensive legal services to clients throughout the construction industry. The depth and breadth of our team allows us to assist clients with the full spectrum of project issues such as economic development, incentives, taxes, environmental regulation and permitting, real estate, government relations, utilities, and labor and employment. We also have experience in negotiating and drafting design and construction contracts that appropriately allocate risks and help clients avoid costly disputes as projects progress. When disputes do arise, our team includes construction trial lawyers with many years of experience in trying complex matters in state and federal courts and in arbitration.
The foundation of our practice is strong and straightforward: We work with our clients to overcome obstacles and achieve their goals.
Our representation is as geographically broad as it is diverse. Members of our construction team are often called upon to represent our construction clients across the United States and internationally.
We are committed to the construction industry. Our lawyers actively support and participate in trade organizations such as Associated General Contractors, Associated Builders and Contractors, American Institute of Architects, the American Bar Association (ABA) Forum on the Construction Industry, the Fidelity and Surety Law Section of the ABA, the ABA Litigation Section Construction Law Committee, the Surety and Fidelity Association of America, the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers, and the Construction Specifications Institute.
Our attorneys have authored papers and presented programs at the local and national level on a variety of construction law issues, including claims, claim avoidance, commissioning, damages, indoor air quality, public and private works acts, and public bid law.
- Tyler Authors Article in The Construction Lawyer
- Tyler Moderates Session at ABA Forum on Construction Law Midwinter Meeting
- Jones Walker Attorneys Named to 2014 Mid-South Super Lawyers
- One Hundred Twenty-Nine Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2015
- Moderator, "Journey to E-Discovery World: The Six Rings of Hell"
- "What to Do When Construction Projects Go Bad"
- "UT Law's 2010 Geologic Storage Policy: Federal Impacts, Commercial Opportunities"
- "AIA Contracts"
- "Mississippi Legislature Passes Sweeping New Lien Law"Jones Walker Client Alert, March 28, 2014