For This PracticeEstate Planning & Administration Executive Compensation & Employee Benefits State & Local Tax State & Local Tax Resource Center Tax & Fiduciary Litigation Tax Credit Programs Tax Policy Transactional Tax (Federal & International)
The firm's Tax & Estates Practice Group is divided into sub-groups, focusing on the following areas:
- Transactional Tax (Federal & International)
- Estate Planning & Administration
- State & Local Tax
- Employee Benefits, ERISA & Executive Compensation
- Tax & Fiduciary Litigation
- Tax Credit Programs
- Tax Policy & Regulation
In addition to concentrating in one or more of these areas, attorneys in the Tax & Estates Practice Group participate in intersectional practice area groups established to counsel clients with respect to the tax law implications in matters involving mergers and acquisitions, bankruptcy and reorganization, health and life insurance law, international business law, estate planning, charitable giving, nonprofit organization law, and trust and estate administration.
Many of our attorneys are Board-Certified Tax Specialists or Estate Planning and Administration Specialists as certified by the Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization.
- Jones Walker Partners Quoted in Houston Business Journal Article
- Fifty-two Jones Walker Attorneys Rank in Chambers USA 2014
- Robinson Named 2014 Influential Women in Business Honoree by Baton Rouge Business Report
- Backstrom Featured in State Tax Today's and State Tax Notes' "State Tax Spotlight"
- "Up to Bat: The Grand Slams v. Biggest Strikeouts of 2013 State Update - Best and Worst Cases"
- "Acquisitions, Mergers & Divestitures"
- "Special Issues in Apportionment and Allocation"
- "Mergers & Acquisitions"