For This PracticeEstate Planning & Administration Executive Compensation & Employee Benefits State & Local Tax State & Local Tax Resource Center Tax & Fiduciary Litigation Tax Credit Programs Tax Policy Transactional Tax (Federal & International)
The firm's Tax & Estates Practice Group is divided into sub-groups, focusing on the following areas:
- Transactional Tax (Federal & International)
- Estate Planning & Administration
- State & Local Tax
- Employee Benefits, ERISA & Executive Compensation
- Tax & Fiduciary Litigation
- Tax Credit Programs
- Tax Policy & Regulation
In addition to concentrating in one or more of these areas, attorneys in the Tax & Estates Practice Group participate in intersectional practice area groups established to counsel clients with respect to the tax law implications in matters involving mergers and acquisitions, bankruptcy and reorganization, health and life insurance law, international business law, estate planning, charitable giving, nonprofit organization law, and trust and estate administration.
Many of our attorneys are Board-Certified Tax Specialists or Estate Planning and Administration Specialists as certified by the Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization.
- Backstrom Quoted in Law360 Article
- Fletcher Quoted in State Tax Notes Article on Mississippi Tax Law
- State & Local Tax Partners to Present at Upcoming Council on State Taxation ("COST") 2015 SALT Basics School
- Jones Walker Welcomes Seven Attorneys From the Former Boutique Banking and Securities Law Firm of Spidi & Fisch
- "State Tax Research Tools"
- "A Primer on Select Tax Credits"
- "The Net Investment Income Tax: An Exercise in Fitting a Square Peg Into a Round Hole"
- Mississippi Tax Update
- "Equifax in Mississippi: What Are The Practical Implications for Taxpayers?"Institute for Professionals in Taxation, February 2014