For This PracticeEstate Planning & Administration Executive Compensation & Employee Benefits State & Local Tax Cooking with SALT Blog State & Local Tax Resource Center Tax & Fiduciary Litigation Tax Credit Programs Tax Policy Transactional Tax (Federal & International)
The firm's Tax & Estates Practice Group is divided into sub-groups, focusing on the following areas:
- Transactional Tax (Federal & International)
- Estate Planning & Administration
- State & Local Tax
- Employee Benefits, ERISA & Executive Compensation
- Tax & Fiduciary Litigation
- Tax Credit Programs
- Tax Policy & Regulation
In addition to concentrating in one or more of these areas, attorneys in the Tax & Estates Practice Group participate in intersectional practice area groups established to counsel clients with respect to the tax law implications in matters involving mergers and acquisitions, bankruptcy and reorganization, health and life insurance law, international business law, estate planning, charitable giving, nonprofit organization law, and trust and estate administration.
Many of our attorneys are Board-Certified Tax Specialists or Estate Planning and Administration Specialists as certified by the Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization.
- Backstrom Quoted in Tax Notes
- Katz Presents at 46th Annual LSU Estate Planning Seminar
- Katz Presents at Tulane Tax Institute
- Katz Serves as Panelist at Novogradac New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) Conference
- "Nuts and Bolts of New Markets Tax Credits and Historic Tax Credits"
- "S Corporations and Estate Planning"
- Panelist, "Qualified Low-Income Community Businesses (QALICB) Boot Camp"
- Jones Walker LLP 8th Annual State & Local Tax Seminar
- "Equifax in Mississippi: What Are The Practical Implications for Taxpayers?"Institute for Professionals in Taxation, February 2014