For This PracticeEstate Planning & Administration Executive Compensation & Employee Benefits State & Local Tax Cooking with SALT Blog State & Local Tax Resource Center Tax & Fiduciary Litigation Tax Credit Programs Tax Policy Transactional Tax (Federal & International)
The firm's Tax & Estates Practice Group is divided into sub-groups, focusing on the following areas:
- Transactional Tax (Federal & International)
- Estate Planning & Administration
- State & Local Tax
- Employee Benefits, ERISA & Executive Compensation
- Tax & Fiduciary Litigation
- Tax Credit Programs
- Tax Policy & Regulation
In addition to concentrating in one or more of these areas, attorneys in the Tax & Estates Practice Group participate in intersectional practice area groups established to counsel clients with respect to the tax law implications in matters involving mergers and acquisitions, bankruptcy and reorganization, health and life insurance law, international business law, estate planning, charitable giving, nonprofit organization law, and trust and estate administration.
Many of our attorneys are Board-Certified Tax Specialists or Estate Planning and Administration Specialists as certified by the Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization.
- Backstrom and Mantle Present at the COST SALT Basics School
- Backstrom Presents at the IPT Income Tax Symposium
- Backstrom to Present at the Nebraska Chapter Tax Executives Institute 7th Annual Fall Training Day
- Fletcher Quoted in Tax Analysts
- "State Tax Research Tools"
- "Use of Trusts, Estates, Minors, and Alternatives as S Corporation Shareholders"
- "SALT Gameday: Key Plays in State & Local Tax"
- "Louisiana and Federal Legislative Update"
- "Equifax in Mississippi: What Are The Practical Implications for Taxpayers?"Institute for Professionals in Taxation, February 2014