Areas of Practice
- State & Local Tax
- State & Local Tax Resource Center
- Tax & Estates
- Tax & Fiduciary Litigation
- Tax Policy
- Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University, J.D., 1995
- Louisiana State University, B.S. in Accounting, 1992
- Louisiana, 1995
Andre Burvant is a partner in the firm's Tax & Estates Practice Group. He is a Certified Public Accountant in addition to being licensed to practice law in Louisiana. His practice includes state and local tax planning, audit defense, tax refunds and credits, and tax controversy work against the Louisiana Department of Revenue and local parish taxing agencies. Mr. Burvant has represented clients in tax controversies before the Louisiana Board of Tax Appeals and in state and federal courts.
He is also a contributor for Cooking with SALT, a legal blog committed to providing timely insights on recent legal and practical developments concerning clients in many state and local taxing jurisdictions on matters involving income, franchise, net worth, gross receipts, sales/use, business and occupational license, severance, ad valorem property, and other miscellaneous taxes.
Mr. Burvant frequently lectures on a variety of tax topics, including all aspects of Louisiana state and local taxation. He currently serves as co-author of the American Bar Association's Louisiana Chapter of the Property Tax Dealbook. Mr. Burvant also serves as one of only two Louisiana members of the National Association of Property Tax Attorneys.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2017 (Copyright 2016 by Woodward/White, Inc., Aiken, SC) in the areas of Litigation and Controversy - Tax and Tax Law (listed annually since 2012)
- Burvant Presents at IPT's Sales Tax Symposium
- 123 Jones Walker LLP Attorneys Ranked by The Best Lawyers in America® 2017
- 4 Jones Walker Partners Present at the COST Southwest/West Regional State Tax Seminar
- Burvant and Mantle Quoted in Law360
- Tax Analysts Highlights Jones Walker LLP's SALT Webinar
- Jones Walker LLP State & Local Tax Team to Host "SALT Gameday: Key Plays in State & Local Tax"
- Jones Walker LLP 8th Annual State & Local Tax Seminar, October 6, 2016
- "SALT Gameday: Key Plays in State & Local Tax", October 8, 2015
- Burvant to Speak at the Institute for Professionals in Taxation 2015 Sales Tax School II, April 22, 2015
- "Mergers & Acquisitions", Spring 2014, IPT 2014 Sales Tax School II: Theory and Practice for the Experienced Sales and Use Tax Professional
- "2013 Louisiana State & Local Tax for Texans", October 17, 2013, Four Seasons Hotel
- "Wading through Murky Waters of Local Taxation", October 2013, 2013 IPT Sales Tax Symposium
- American Bar Association
- Council on State Taxation
- Louisiana Association of Tax Administrators
- Louisiana Mid-Continent Oil and Gas Association
- Louisiana Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- National Association of Property Tax Attorneys
- New Orleans Bar Association